2016-2017 Glenn S. Goldberg Scholarship
PHILOSOPHY & PURPOSE
Through the generous donation of Mr. Glenn S. Goldberg, ’80 and Ms. Kim M. Burke, the State University College at Brockport Foundation, Inc. has established the Glenn S. Goldberg Scholarship. This program supports full semester student internships during the academic year or summer with a $3,000 scholarship to help provide valuable experiences that expand the student's knowledge and application of skills learned in the classroom. The Scholarship funds will be credited to the student's bill during the semester of the internship. The award must be used for educational expenses at Brockport and is not awarded in cash. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION IS MARCH 22nd.
In order to apply, students must:
1) Be academically eligible to apply for an internship supporting the student's specific undergraduate academic program.
2) Demonstrate a level of acaedmic excellence and a skill set that indicates the ability to be successful in the proposed internship.
3) Demonstrate a need for financial assistance in order to complete the proposed internship, as evidenced by the estimated expenses for the internship and the student's FAFSA adjusted by other awarded scholarships and grants.
Recipients of the Scholarship must:
1) Participate in a pre-internship preparation workshop;
2) Complete a journal project during the internship;
3) Write a reflective paper at the end of the internship;