PED Grant Guidelines 2015-16
The PED Grant Program is funded by the Office of Diversity and administered by the College’s Diversity Committee. The PED Grant supports appropriate proposals from faculty, staff and students for scholarly and artistic events that positively contribute to the College’s mission of promoting diversity, inclusion, and educational excellence.
The PED Grant application MUST address how the proposed program or event:
• Engages members of our college community in meaningful dialog about issues of diversity, AND/OR
• Supports the College’s mission to prepare students for leadership in a world of diverse people and experiences, AND/OR
• Promotes a college community of respect and tolerance for diverse people.
The PED Grant application MUST demonstrate that the proposed activity/event
• Is open to a broad campus community,
• Includes an assessment plan designed to clearly measure its impact on participants. A copy of the evaluation form must be included with this application.
Priority for PED funding is given to:
• Innovative programming not previously supported by a PED grant
• Activities held at a College facility
• An activity or event that has financial support from a co-sponsoring department or organization(s) on campus (include a letter of financial commitment, identifying specific dollar contribution, from each co-sponsor)
The maximum award through this program is $1,500. Smaller requests are encouraged.
DEADLINES: Proposal submission deadlines for 2015-16 are:
• September 25, 2015
• October 23, 2015
• February 19, 2016
• April 1, 2016
NOTE: Programs seeking support for fall 2016 should submit no later than the April 1, 2016 deadline.
Publicity requirements for PED Grant recipients:
• Please include that funding was received from the PED Grant of the Office of Diversity.
• A post-event evaluation must be completed with a summary of actual expenses (https://forms.brockport.edu/view.php?id=59).
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED THROUGH THIS ONLINE SYSTEM
QUESTIONS? Contact the Office of Assistant Provost for Diversity, Academic Affairs, (585) 395-2504 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.