Main Page Content

Application for Exemption from The Second Year Residency Requirement For The 2021/2022 Academic Year

  • Page 1 of 5 - Policy and Procedures

  • Policy & Procedures:

    This form will be available January 1st 2021 and will close at 11:59PM on May 1st 2021. The only applications that will be reviewed after May 1 are: Approved Temporary Academic Leave OR Transfer and Student involvement in a College‑sponsored academic program such as student teaching, study abroad, or other program, if the obligations demand residency 30 miles or more from campus

    SUNY Brockport has student success as its highest priority and recognizes the connection between on-campus living and persistence to graduation. It is the policy of the College that all first-time* college students live on campus for their first four consecutive semesters of study (three semesters for Spring admits).

    * First time college students are those who are attending a college or university for the first time. College credits earned while in high school, either through college courses or testing do not count as college attendance, nor does enrollment in a college summer session between high school and enrollment at Brockport.

    Exemption from the Second Year Residency Requirement is given to students who are married, single parents, veterans, 21 years of age or older, or commuting from the home of a parent or guardian. Students seeking exemption from the policy must submit the Application for Exemption from Second Year Residency Requirement, including necessary documentation, to the Office of Residential Life/Learning Communities. The Director of Residential Life/Learning Communities or designee must approve all requests for exemption from the Second Year Residency Requirement.

    NOTE: Unless you receive approval of this request, your student status requires compliance with the housing policy. Alternative arrangements for housing, including a lease commitment, will not be considered sufficient reason for approval of this request. If you enter into a lease or other arrangement for off campus housing and have not been released from your Housing Agreement, you will be paying rent in two locations. If your reason is denied, and you fail to pay your deposit and fill out an application, The Office of Residential Life will assign you to a Residence Hall, and charges will be added to your student bill.

  • By typing your name, you agree to the above information By typing your name, you agree to the above information *
Close mobile navigation