New RA Application 2021-2022
UPDATE: New Applications will now be due Monday, June 28 11:59pm
- Must be a full-time matriculated undergraduate with 12-18 credits per semester at the time of appointment.
- Must have an overall GPA of 2.5 for your Brockport Institutional credits at the time of appointment.
Transfer credits WILL NOT be taken into account.
- Applicants can apply when their GPA is between a 2.25 - 2.49 but will not be offered a position until their overall GPA reaches 2.5 and above.
- Must have a minimum of one semester as an enrolled student at SUNY Brockport at the time of appointment.
- Must be in good disciplinary (student conduct) standing at SUNY Brockport at time of appointment.
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of appointment.
- Recommended to have one semester of on-campus living.
- Must be able to hold the position for at least two consecutive semesters.
- Must complete within first year (highly preferred to complete first semester) as a Resident Assistant with a grade of C or better:
EDC 302 Achieving Helping Relationships in the College Residence Halls.
- Cannot student teach, participate in an internship, or perform a field experience that requires more than 15 hours weekly, while holding a student staff position.
- May not hold a position of outside employment without prior written approval from your Resident Director.
Remuneration* (Subject to Change)
- Full room waiver (Single double room or Single room, based on housing needs)
- Partial board waiver
(based on the student population you work with).
If you are an Extraordinary Academic Scholarship recipient, please visit this link as your Financial Aid package might be impacted upon receiving an RA position. https://www.brockport.edu/admissions_aid/scholarships/extraordinary/terms.html
Please visit the Financial Aid Office to seek out specific information on your Aid and Scholarship Awards. Rakov Center for Student Services. 585-395-2501